Systematic personnel development ensures
Behr management development
Individual continuing education
Time off for study
Systematic personnel development ensures growth
As the worldwide
innovation leader with the aim to become number one in the service sector as
well, Behr has set the goal of continuously increasing the professional and
personal qualifications of its global network employees. Continual and
systematic international personnel development is also an important prerequisite
for continuing growth in large automotive markets around the world.
“Encourage and challenge” is the personnel development motto at Behr. This
applies to career starters, technicians, commercial and technical employees, as
well as to management. International personnel development offers everyone who
shows a high level of commitment to Behr and potential the opportunity to
diligently educate themselves and thereby achieve their career goals.
Behr advises and supports you with:
- Orientation via the start-up program
- Promoting staff
- A management program
- A general seminar and course program for your individual continuing
At Behr, you start with an orientation program for new
employees which will guide you during your first months on the job. At a
welcoming event, you will get to know the company, company philosophy, and our
products. You will also learn about the climatic wind tunnel.
Furthermore, you will visit two German production locations to familiarize
yourself with the air conditioning and engine cooling product divisions.
“Innovative, results-oriented, reliable, people-oriented, partnership-based”
- these are the values that we live by at Behr. In a seminar you learn more
about the “principles of cooperation at Behr” and can intensify contacts with
starters from other company divisions.
Within the scope of promoting staff, personnel
development prepares selected employees for possible management duties or larger
- Evaluating your own potential and development goals
- Confident presentations and communication
- Structuring and implementing a project
- Becoming sensitive to the specifics of cooperating in an international
- Getting to know Behr better
- Becoming known in the company and building up a personal network of contacts
The Behr Group has defined uniform standards for
management development and implemented key measures using Behr management
development. Management development combines all tools from Behr’s management
culture and develops competencies for up-to-date, future-oriented leadership.
- Encouraging a mutual understanding of future challenges and strategies
- Creating a uniform value system for management on key leadership topics, and
developing a uniform language
- Creating a mutual understanding of Behr’s culture
- Creating global networks and encouraging team spirit
- Offering systematic continuing education opportunities for Behr management
Another target-group oriented measure is the International Management Program
(IMP), which was developed for management with potential for handling
continuative tasks. This program is held annually to train 12 to 15 nominated
participants. At the core of the program are two workshops lasting several days
each, one of which takes place in Stuttgart (Germany) and the other at other
- Creating international contacts
- Providing stimulus for international team and management topics
- Detailed communication of Behr’s company background and strategies by the
Board of Management
Individual continuing education
Behr’s seminar and
course program offers a wide range of training in the following topics:
- Communication, methodology and cooperation
- Technical topics
- Management and personality
- Quality and working methods/project management
- Commercial topics
- Data processing
In a performance review with your manager, you will discuss which
qualification measures are especially suitable for you.
Outside working hours, you can expand your horizons and
establish contacts with other divisions at various informational events and
within the scope of a wide range of “time off for training” offerings. All
employees are welcome to attend the many events outside working hours.
Similar to the seminar and course program, the spectrum of topics covers many
possibilities for continuing education in the areas of data processing,
languages and other fields.
We keep our employees informed
of current topics through regularly scheduled events and forums.